Land West of The Oaks, Masham
Price: Preferred Bidder identified and terms agreed on a Conditional Basis.
Address: Land West of The Oaks
- Exceptional Residential Opportunity
- Edge of Town
- Outline Planning Consent
- Up to 60 houses (2.4 ha / 5.94 acres)
The site occupies an excellent position adjacent to existing properties at the western edge of Masham and provides an exceptional opportunity for residential development of up to 60 houses.
The whole site extends to approximately 2.7 ha (6.68 acres) and received Outline Planning Consent for residential and commercial development on 9th April 2018 for the erection of ‘up to 60 houses, demolition of existing buildings, construction of commercial units (Use Class B1/B2/B8/D2) and informal public open space.
The area being offered for sale, excludes part of the site zoned for employment use, and will incorporate the area 2.4ha (5.94 acres). The Vendor will retain and develop the employment land.
This property currently comprises permanent grassland enjoying a generally open aspect to the south and west, and borders Foxholme Lane and Westholme Road to the north, with existing properties to the east. Swinney Beck runs along the northern boundary between the site and Westholme Road.
Further supporting information is available as detailed in the marketing brochure. This can be downloaded or supplied on request.
The Town of Masham is located in the breathtakingly beautiful region of Lower Wensleydale, and is famous for its family run breweries, steam engines and annual sheep fair.
Masham retains a vibrant and thriving community with the idyllic and spacious Market Place at its centre, lined with shops, cafes and great traditional pubs.
With the magnificent Yorkshire Dales on its doorstep the town also occupies a strategic position close to Junction 50 of the A1(M), with immediate access to the A6108 bringing you directly into Masham.
Masham lies within comfortable driving distance to Harrogate (22 miles), Teesside (43 miles) and Leeds (44 miles).
The nearest Railway Station is at Thirsk (15 miles).
The site received Outline Planning Consent on 9th April 2018.
Application Reference 17/01057/OUTMAJ.
The consent was granted subject to various conditions detailed in the Decision Notice, a copy of which is available to download or can be supplied on request.
The site is being offered for sale freehold by way of Informal Tender.
Offers have been received and are now under consideration by the client.
All descriptions, dimensions, areas, reference to condition and other details are given in good faith and believed to be correct but intending purchasers / lessors should satisfy themselves as to the correctness.
- Land West of The Oaks - Brochure July 2018
- .Offer Form - Land West of The Oaks, Masham
- Offer Procedure - Land West of The Oaks Masham
- Decision Notice - Land West of The Oaks
- S106 - Land West of The Oaks
- Flood Risk Assessment 05.17 - The Oaks
- Geo-Env Phase One Desktop Study (1)-The Oaks
- Geo-Env Phase One Desktop Study (2)-The Oaks
- Geo-Env Phase One Desktop Study (3)-The Oaks
- Geo-Env Phase One Desktop Study (4)-The Oaks
- Drainage Strategy Part One 03.17 - The Oaks
- Drainage Strategy Part Two 03.17 - The Oaks
- Topographical Survey Land West of The Oaks 8985-01E
- Topo Survey (DWG) Land West of The Oaks 8985-01E
- Utilities Assessment 02.17 - The Oaks
- Ecological Impact Assessment 07.17 - The Oaks
- Arboricultural Report January 2017
- Transport Statement Part One 03.17 - The Oaks
- Transport Statement Part Two 03.17 - The Oaks
- Noise Impact Assessment 06.17 - The Oaks
Arrange ViewingChristopher Fordy
01937 918 088 / 07809 202 300