Stategic Development Land – Alne Road, Easingwold
Price: Offers Invited by Noon 25th May 2023
Address: Alne Road, Easingwold, North Yorkshire YO61 3JZ
- Approx 7.96 Acres (3.221 Ha)
- Edge of Sought After Market Town Location
- Previously Draft Housing Allocation in 2017 Emerging Hambleton District Council Local Plan
- Outline Planning submitted by Taylor Wimpey in May 2020 for 80 dwelling scheme. Application subsequently withdrawn
- Greenfield site adjacent to existing housing contiguous with Town development boundary
The site is located off Alne Road on the north-western fringe of Easingwold, a Georgian Market Town located at the foot of the Howardian Hills, approximately 12 miles north of York City Centre and 10 miles south of Thirsk.
The town is situated within rural surroundings and is a main centre of public services and economic activity for a number of smaller villages in the area. The town centre benefits from a cobbled Market Square, surrounding which are a variety of pubs, restaurants and cafes, a Post Office and a range of shops including a Co-op convenience store and Boots pharmacist.
The town also benefits from a hospital, doctors surgery, dental practices, and a Primary and Secondary school with Ofsted ratings of “Good” and “Outstanding” respectively.
The site is located within 200m of two bus stops located on Raskelf Road, and within walking distance of additional bus stops located on Long Street and at Market Place. These stops are served by regular services to York – which also provides connections to Leeds and Harrogate – and other local destinations such as Thirsk. Easingwold also has good strategic road access to York and enjoys good access to the A1(M) via the A19.
The site is irregular in shape and covers an area of approximately 7.96 acres (3.221 ha). The site exists as unutilised pasture land. A small-scale former agricultural shed exists to the east of the site. The structure is dilapidated and is not in active use.
The site is bounded to the north by Alne Road and existing residential properties; to the east by established residential development accessed via Station Court and Drovers Court, beyond which lies Long Street which runs through the centre of Easingwold; and, to the south and west by agricultural land.
The land was initially included in the 2017 Draft Hambleton Local Plan as a Preferred Option housing site: Site Reference E/041/012 and E/041/006 but later withdrawn in the final adopted Local Plan in favour of the site currently being developed by Avant Homes to the northeast side of the town.
An Outline Application for residential development had previously been submitted and subsequently withdrawn by Taylor Wimpey. The Application and its associated documents can be found via Hambleton District Council Planning Portal, using Reference: 20/01424/OUT.
These documents include:
• Location Plan
• Flood Risk Assessment
• Illustrative Masterplan
• Foundation Zoning Plan
• Transport Assessment
• Phase I Geoenvironmental Appraisal
• Arboricultural Report
• Heritage Statement
• Design & Access Statement
• Engineering Feasibility Plan
• Planning Support Statement
• Ecological Appraisal
• Consultation Responses
The land is held under 2 registered Freehold titles: NYK443376 and NYK305008 and can be sold with vacant possession on legal completion.
Method Of Sale
Our clients will entertain an Option or Promotion Agreement with a Development Partner to continue the promotion of the site for residential development through the planning process or an outright sale now potentially subject to an overage payable if planning permission for a new development is secured.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit a “subject to contract” proposal either as an outright bid or if by way of a Development Agreement addressing the following:
1. The length of term proposed under the Agreement.
2. Any payment/premium payable upon signing the Agreement.
3. Details of the proposed percentage of Market Value/split of proceeds along with a Guaranteed Minimum Price. If a purchase now is proposed please clarify any overage arrangements.
4. Details of your experience and expertise dealing with sites of this size and nature, together with confirmation that there is no conflict of interest.
5. Confirmation of any specific obligations/ conditions envisaged under the Proposed Development Agreement.
6. Your proposed contribution towards the Vendor’s reasonable legal and surveyor’s fees associated with the Agreement.
7. Confirmation as to Solicitors and any other Professionals that you intend to appoint to act on your behalf.
We are seeking offers to be submitted via email to Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org and Christopherfordy@fordymarshall.com by noon 25th May 2023.
Each offer should address all of the points set out above. We may wish to discuss any offer submitted in further detail and/or invite you for further discussion.
Our clients do not undertake to accept the highest bid or indeed any bid.
Viewings can be conducted from Alne Road. Those wishing to walk the site should contact either of the joint selling agents providing at least 48 hours notice. Inspections are undertaken at your own risk.
Joint Agents Fordy Marshall and Carter Jonas.
Carter Jonas contact: CARTER JONAS
T: 07801 666 164
All descriptions, dimensions, areas, reference to condition and other details are given in good faith and believed to be correct but intending purchasers / lessors should satisfy themselves as to the correctness.
Arrange ViewingChristopher Fordy